Outfit of the Month April 2018 and Book Review



Hello everyone! Since it is now April, it is time for that post again! I hope you all had a blessed Easter! I certainly had a wonderful and fulfilling weekend!  I know I just did March but I figured I would use what I wore for Easter.

This is what my Mom, sister, and I wore for the Ester Vigil. The dress I wore was made for my mom years ago, the sweater I bought at Kohls a year ago I believe, and then the hat I ordered online from China. The hat is beautiful but the order was a little strange so I didn't give the link it here.
For Easter Sunday I wore this:






The shirt I got from Dressbarn. I love the poofy sleeves!  The skirt I ordered off Etsy from xiaolizi and it turned out beautifully! I highly recommend her shop! I loved it enough to buy something else which is being made now... :)  Please let me know what you think about using my own outfits instead of the online outfits I created. If you like the other way better then I will be happy to go back to doing that - otherwise I will continue doing it this way.





Now for the book review! I have three books. 

The first book is Red Falcons of Tremoine. This story is very Catholic and an easy read. The story is enjoyable without being a 'little kids book'... I loved everything about this book! If you have not heard of it before, it is about a boy who grows up in an abbey and does not know his past. He discovers that he is the heir to two different kingdoms that are rivals. He first goes to the de Mardans and lives with his grandfather but then he is kidnapped by his uncle from Tremoine who supposedly killed his father. It is a beautiful story of how he becomes a man and learns to forgive others. I like how the conflict is resolved in the end. This book I will give 3 out of 5!

The next book is A Man for All Seasons about Saint Thomas More. Interestingly this was not written by a Catholic but he was fascinated with Thomas More. I knew about Thomas More but never really knew much..... I read this and I fell in love with him. I wanted to read something that he wrote and so I went and bought Utopia which I will read and do a review on! He is definitely a saint for our times! I loved the play but was a little disappointed that his quote before he died was not included (although it is in the film) "I die the King's faithful servant, but God's first!" But I give this a 3 out of 5 as well. I would like to share a quote of Thomas More that I found after reading this as well. It gives hope for us faithful today: "Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal"  - Lord heal us!

The last book was my Lenten reading actually. That would be the Letter to the Friends of the Cross by Louis Grignon de Montfort. This is by far the best insight I have read on Catholic suffering. He does not just tell one to suffer but he tells why to love the Cross. He tells why we suffer and he tells how to truly suffer for the Cross with humility and vigilance. I cannot recommend this book enough! It builds true confidence and love of the Cross! I give it a 5 out of 5! (How can I not with Louis de Montfort?!?!?) 
That is all for now my friends! Have a blessed Easter Season celebrating the Resurrection of Our Lord!
God bless!
Rosalina



And if you want a beautiful Easter story that tells the story of the Easter Bunny in a Catholic way, read my posts from last year here: 

part 1-     http://handmaidofthelord.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-legend-of-easter-bunny-part-1.html



part 2-    http://handmaidofthelord.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-legend-of-easter-bunny-part-2.html



part 3-    http://handmaidofthelord.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-legend-of-easter-bunny-part-3.html

Comments

  1. Oh wow, your Easter outfits were so cute! I personally prefer seeing your outfits rather than the other version that you were doing before.

    Oh I didn't know that there was the book called Man for all Seasons! I have the film (I love it dearly), I'll have to look into that...

    Awesome post, Rosalina!

    Catherine
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely outfits! I recently discovered Dressbarn and have found some really cute shirts there.

    I've read Red Falcons of Tremoine before and really liked it!

    Happy Easter!

    - Anna
    starlitsea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. *eyes go wide* I need that top! That outfit's so pretty! It's a shame most gals don't dress that way anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts