Welcome Summer!!.. and... Goodbye Modesty????


True manhood does not seek to compromise a woman's purity; true manhood stands up to heroically protect it.:

Hello everybody! Once again we are discussing one of the biggest problems in today's society. Yes, you guessed it... modesty. No one wants to talk about it. As summer walks through the door, apparently modesty walks right out. Some people claim that it is just too hot outside to be modest. Here's the deal. That can be true (depending on where one lives) but that is a sacrifice that we can offer to God for the other injustices in the world. Another claim is that it only matters what is in one's heart. But here is the question. Are you dressing for God, or for yourself? Because if it is really in your heart that you are dressing for God and not for attention and whatever reason, then you truly would be modest in what you wear and how you behave. I am not condemning those who dress this way but that is to refute the claims.
Now I will admit, it is very hard to stay true because it is attractive to us to wear what the world presents. Whether to fit in or gain attention, it is hard. I am often tempted and I mean to say that because I know how hard it is. I hope to encourage you to dress modestly. I used to think that everyone who dressed modestly just didn't like the options of the everyday stores. But I discovered it was not the case and that everyone struggles and it is okay to admit to that. Also there are two ways to look at it. To dress modestly and to dress immodestly are both 'attractive' because they attract something towards you. What they attract, however, is quite different.
Modesty is not only the way in which one dresses but the entire way in which he behaves. When a person is of God they will speak, dress, and behave in a Godly manner. That is, with virtue and reflection on God's infinite qualities. We are made in the image and likeness of God and so we must not represent Him as something that contradicts His teachings. To honor him and to reflect Him in us, we must be Godly and do our best to please Him.
One question to ask yourself is "When I am at the final judgement and God asks me why I said ****** or why I wore *****, what will I respond?" Because in the end, it only matters what we do for Him and not to be 'cool'. We must be prudent in every aspect of our lives.
Purity and modesty are different but directly related. modesty is outward dress and behavior while purity is intentions of the heart
So as summer comes, I urge you to remain with a pure heart and if you are interested, you can take a purity pledge here: https://www.tfpstudentaction.org/petitions/be-a-crusader-for-purity-sign-the-purity-pledge

This is the pledge and you can sign it by going to the website given:




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this post.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so delighted that young women like you exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! God has blessed me so much to have such a wonderful family and to be able to do what I do!
    God bless!
    Rosalina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts