Outfit of the Month January 2018 and Book Review


I am covered over with a robe of righteousness That Jesus gives to me. I am covered over with the Precious Blood of Jesus. ~ Noni ~

Hello everyone! I would love to wish you all a blessed New Year and may it bring prosperity and be even better than the last!

For this month's outfit, I just found a picture to hopefully inspire you to dress beautifully (and warmly! burr! we have had negative weather for about 2 weeks now!)... Also I found a quote that I hope you will remember when dressing each day. I find it inspiring and beautiful.


A Portrait Of Feminine Dress, Part 7 ~ Skirts and Flattering Shoes

https://www.chicwish.com/winsome-houndstooth-tweed-a-line-skirt-in-wine.html
(Here is a skirt available as well online!)

For the book review, I have three books finished....
This book is excellent! I give it 3-4 stars... I did find it boring at times but it is a good read where Lewis shows in a story how the devil works in our lives. It is presented in a comical way but contains such relatable truth... It can help to make one more aware of the devil's work and how to avoid it.

I read this one for school along with Screwtape.... I liked it (some do not though) but I found the characters realistic and there is a way to empathize with all of them. The story is about a bridge that collapses with 5 people on it and Br. Juniper decides to figure why God took the lives of those five. The story talks about the characters who die up to the point of the accident and then how their deaths effect others. I found it to be very good and I would highly recommend it. I give it 3 stars.

The last book I read since the last review is Revolution and Counter Revolution by Plinio CorrĂȘa de Oliveira. This is not a story but a recount of the problem in society as he pinned it to a continuing Revolution that has been working on society since the middle ages. I did not understand most of it and will be reading it again in the next few years. I would definitely recommend it but not sure how to give it stars... It is a dry read however to give a heads up to those who have a hard time reading like me... :) I always enjoy a good read but I am picky about what I consider a good read.... :P


 Also, I want to share with you this lady who makes the most beautiful holy cards I have ever seen! They are lifelike and Some are on their way in the mail and I am so excited to receive them.. Here is her link and please check it out! Here is just one of her pictures to show you how beautiful they are! I just can't say enough!

(https://www.etsy.com/shop/PortraitsofSaints?ref=l2-shopheader-name)


Anyway, until next time, God keep you safe and have a blessed week!

Rosalina

Comments

Popular Posts