Following Up On Suggestions

Hello All!!! Thank you so much for the suggestions for a blog topic! I enjoyed reading all the ideas for the blog and I have a couple of lists made in response to the ideas!
First, I wanted to share some pictures of our little Winchester... !!


 He is 11 weeks old today!!!
 He is behaving so well for the camera!! :)













Ok so Farm Lassie said "Maybe you could give a post about brands of clothing that tend to give more modest choices? I would be curious for a post like that."

Great question! I put together a list of different places I find modest clothing.
First I want to say I do scavenge at Kohls and Maurices and am successful once and a while... I highly recommend Dressbarn if you have one near you. They have quality clothing and a good selection of things to choose from. I also enjoy looking at all thrift stores and I am amazing at what I find because I never see things in stores and then like magic they appear in a thrift store! I just had a haul from Goodwill and found lots of good things!!! Now for online.
Chicwish is a good place to look for skirts. I have ordered multiple from there and can vouch for the quality. I would avoid their dresses and shirts because they tend to be immodest. However most of their skirts are modest and very stylish.
Chicwish - http://www.chicwish.com/
ShabbyApple I have never ordered from but I like their website and I would recommend looking through there as well.
ShabbyApple - https://www.shabbyapple.com/
JPeterman is a bit more pricey but they have high quality clothing and I can vouch for that. I enjoy browsing through their website and I do find some good things....... I am not saying that everything they offer is appropriate, but they have a good selection.
Amazon is also a resort I go to and find some good things. If you like vintage clothing, I recommend looking at vintage clothing websites because a lot of their clothing (not all) is modest and very cute!!!
A vintage website I enjoy is TopVintage (https://topvintage.net/en).... They also have very good quality clothing.
One last website that I would like to share has some clothing but is a great nostalgic website that is very pleasurable to relax and browse through.....
https://www.victoriantradingco.com/

Also, for inspiration on how to mix different styles and colors, I look at Pinterest because it offers a wide variety of styles...
These are just a few of the ones I am successful at finding good clothing with and I hope that helps!!!

Now Marilyn has said " I would like to see recommendations for books you approve of to read. Also I would love to see outfits that are sold in modest stores or online that are truly feminine."

In the outfit of the month, I try to add the link of where the clothing is available in the blog, although I cannot always do it......

And for the books, here is a list I have made up that I have really enjoyed:

To start with the novels,
1) Waking Rose, by Regina Doman is the third in her series and it is a Catholic retelling of fairytales. I have read Waking Rose 3 times already!!
2) An Old Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott, is an excellent book about a girl who lives in the country and goes to live with a girl in the city that is changing to modern views (in the early 1900s) and she has to hold on to her traditional values.
3) Awakening A Crossroads In Time, by Claudia Cangilla McAdam, is also a good book about a teenage girl who doesn't understand her faith and she gets sick and dreams that she was in the time that Jesus lived and she walks through His Passion... But, was it really a dream??

And here are other books whether on modesty or religion,
1) An Exorcist Explains the Demonic, by Fr. Gabriele Amorth, is very informational and answers all the questions a person could have about possessions, vexations, obsessions....etc. It is good to know to be aware of Satan's workings that go unnoticed by the majority.
2) Dressing With Dignity, by Colleen Hammond, is a good read. It goes over the history of dress throughout the last century and why the world changed its values on modesty. She includes guidelines for modesty, places to find modest clothing, and she gives a new perspective on being feminine and graceful. This read makes one proud to be a woman! (Not like the false lies of the feminists)
3) St. Michael And The Angels, which talks about the 9 choirs of angels and is a good source to read with the first book I listed as it gives a lot of information on the angels that many do not know.
4) An American Knight, by Norman Fulkerson, is a biography on the amazing Colonel John Ripley who was in the Marine Corps and single-handedly blew up the Dong Ha bridge during the Vietnam War. He was a devout Catholic and model man. He was so impressive that while you are reading the book, it is almost hard to believe that everything he endured was real and not a fairytale. This book comes HIGHLY recommended. Also, I know the author and would love to have your copy signed if you are interested. If you are, I should be seeing the author in October and can get the copies then. Please email godslittlelady15@gmail.com if you would like one. (The book will cost $10)
4)  The last one I have is The Glories of Mary, by St. Alphonsus De Liguori. I actually have only read half of it and need to finish but I enjoyed it so much. It really increases one's devotion and love of the Blessed Virgin because it shows how much she loves us. This is a great book to read.

Alright I apologize for how long this post is but I hope that these lists help you! Also, I am hoping to read more in the future and do book reviews as part of the blog as well. Let me know what you think!
God Bless!
Rosalina

Comments

  1. Those suggestions you gave for modest clothes are totally new to me, I'll have to check them out! Thanks Rosalina!

    Farm Lassie
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is adorable!

    I have read Waking Rose, and An Old Fashioned Girl. I'm reading The Glories of Mary and agree that it is amazing so far. But I've never heard of the other books. I'll look into those, once I have finished up some of the library books I have stacked in my room.

    Yes, I hope you do book reviews. I'm always looking for new books that are good.

    God Bless,
    ~E

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts