Outfit of the Month February 2018 and Book Review





Hello Everyone! So this is a little late but at least is it still February. :)

So for the outfit...
 I would start with staying warm since it is still February... And most of the world is still fairly cold... :) But, Everyone yearns for spring about this time I think. At least, I am...

 I would pair this with a camisole of the same color as the skirt.
Studious by stileclassico on Polyvore featuring Topshop, Viyella, M. Gemi and Chan Luu

Then I would add this wrap if to stay a little warmer. (It is available here: http://www.harriethoot.com/harristweedhoundstoothvintageminkcape_1169.php?type=5&group=652    - a little pricey but well made)

Harris Tweed Houndstooth & Vintage Mink Cape

I would pair this outfit with this set of boots. A feminine touch is added with the bows (I am weak when it comes to bows on shoes!)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/2f/fa/5c2ffacc7fb851079a2202c453e592d5.jpg

And I want to show you all this gorgeous skirt that is available for sale on Chicwish here: https://www.chicwish.com/fancy-blossom-embroidered-jacquard-maxi-skirt-in-cream.html


In the next outfit (March) what do you all think about instead of finding pictures of online clothes, I use my own clothes to show you where I buy it and what I do with it? Just a thought. Also, I am going to have a couple of websites that I ordered from coming up and I am so excited to share them with you all!

Now for the books. I have two right now. The first book is Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand.
This book I will give a 3.5 - 4 our of 5. I really enjoyed it and loved Cyrano's wit. I love his self sacrifice for the happiness of Roxane. In fact, I finished the book while I was at work and I almost started crying before I had to leave break. It was close but I made it.. :) I am still pretty new at reading plays but I still find it enjoyable. If you are looking for a good romance, I recommend this one.

The next book I recently finished is the Ballad of the White Horse by G.K. Chesterton. I don't even know how to explain how much I love this ballad. First, I will try by giving it a 5 out of 5. It is a story about King Alfred reclaiming his kingdom from the pagan Danes. He fails time and time again and loses heart. Our Lady appears to him and tells him to have confidence in God and to blindly persevere. She said that it was a spiritual battle more than a physical one. Even if they lose the physical, she tells him to continue to fight the spiritual battle. In reading it, one follows Alfred in his journey of learning confidence, humility, perseverance, and true leadership. This book increases one's confidence in God and Our Lady. It is a beautiful ballad and of these two books, I most definitely recommend this one first and foremost.

That is all for now my friends! Have a blessed end of February and God bless you all especially during this Lenten season!

Rosalina

Comments

  1. I think it would it's a great idea if you try to use pictures of your own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Eowyn, I'd dearly love to see one of your outfits and how you would do it. I know it can be difficult to pull off, but the effect is often better than just online ones.

    That Chickwash skirt really is cute though :)

    I've never read Ballad of a White Horse, but I love GK Chesterton, so I'll have to look for that one ;)

    Awesome post, Rosalina!

    Catherine
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts