Victorian High Tea



Hello Everyone! I just want to share some pictures and a story of a blessed weekend. I have a few points with this blog. This will be more a personal post than just on culture in general. First, I want to share that last weekend, my family hosted a Victorian High Tea at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. We made it a Catholic event and wanted to promote this event to promote femininity and fine culture. I want to share my whole weekend though to give you a spirit of confidence during this Lent. To start, the Tea was a blessed event. We focused on St. Margaret of Scotland because she refined the barbaric Scotland almost single handedly. She was the obvious saint for such an event to promote. We experienced fine food and dressed as beautifully as possible. I had a great time doing so myself but I really enjoyed seeing everyone else as well! The little girls there were so cute! I believe that everyone received many graces at the event. When it was over, no one wanted to leave. I am going to share some pictures as well. 

                          (These are the invitations we sent out a month in advance)

                       The picture of the holy cards of St. Margaret

                                  The food! Yes, those dinky eggs are quail eggs!
                                                  
  This was the table of teas to smell and choose from.. Tough decisions!

                                Some friends who won first prize! (we had door-prizes with teacups)

                   With another friend

               This is the lobby of the hotel!









         This is my sister giving a talk on St. Margaret
                                     My Maman! She planned everything. I just love her hat!



 
The other thing I wanted to share was my experience on Sunday (day after the Tea). We got plenty of snow Saturday evening. We had to drive to Holy Hill for Mass for a specific purpose. Mixing the two sounds like danger. Snow and a hill.. yup. So we went to the 8 o'clock Mass. We wanted to go to Confession so we went after because we were late due to very, very slippery roads. So, we stayed into the beginning of the 9:30 Mass. We tried to leave and of course, we spun and hit the guard rail and ended up in a ditch on the other side. At the same time one of our friends started praying the Hail Mary.  First thing, we could have rolled down into the deep ravine but we did not. We all were safe but, still, in the ditch. We tried calling a towing service but there lines were so busy that we would have been waiting for hours. (we were already freezing and we had company coming in a few hours). So, we saw a maintenance man and asked him. However, luck did not seem to be with us. He could not pull us out because of legal liability... blah blah blah. So we struck out twice. We said more prayers and shared this lovely experience with some friends who live out of town who came to spend the Tea with us. We tried to remember what Father just said in his homily about trust in God and St. Teresa of Avila's words about how God treats his friends....All of a sudden (literally.. I do not exaggerate) the attendees of the 9:30 Mass were leaving. We were worried someone else would slip and we were watching all of the cars coming down the hill and then low and behold! A huge monster truck with some serious tires started driving down the hill. We said to each other "Those tires could get us out of the ditch!".... The driver opened the window and had a big cheeky grin on his face. He said "Need some help?" We all were ecstatic. Also, who else was he but a friend of my brother's from high school! He had to dig a mound of snow from under the truck with his hands. Then another car stopped and helped him. He lived out of town and was brought into the area for family reasons. He used to do quite a bit of towing so he knew what to do. Together they got us out in maybe 30 mins. The man's wife let us warm up in their vehicle (since I didn't wear boots that day of course)... Nothing was affected, our company coming or the car, which remained undamaged! That is it in a nutshell! I cannot exaggerate the Providence here! The right people in the right place at the right time.. God was watching over us..... I just want to tell you all to have confidence! I always hear stuff like that but until this experience, I struggled. I don't think I will doubt Providence again! I hope this story helps you with confidence this Lent! Have a blessed Lent!

(I also have a book review coming up soon! And an outfit of the month too....)
Until next time!
Rosalina

Comments

  1. All of the pictures were lovely! I'm so glad it went well.

    My Junior Soldality once hosted a tea, but it wasn't quite as elaborate as this one. I'll have to remember this post if I want to do something like this in the future!

    Wow, what a wonderful story! Deo Gratias!

    Catherine
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts